traditional italian Salumi
a two day course into whole hog butchery
- We hope that you leave this two day course with an understanding and appreciation for the beautiful experience of harvesting a pig.
- We strive to share with you our passion for this process and why we find it to be important
- We'll teach you how to slaughter, breakdown, and process a hog specifically for Italian dry cured meats
- Slaughter. Scald. Scrape. Split. Breakdown. Salt. Case. Tie. Age.
- Traditional Northern Italian Butchering, Curing, and Aging.
- We will show you every step of the process from live animal to final product
- We welcome hands on participation, feel free to roll up your sleeves if you’d like
- and so much more!
Ready to sign up or just want to learn more? Drop us a line
This form is intended to walk you through the choices that need to be made in order to prepare instructions for the butchering of your whole or half pig. Each pig is divided into two symmetrical "sides" at the slaughter. So every animal has two of everything - two hams, two shoulders, two loins, etc. This cutsheet will walk you through the selections for ONE side. At the bottom of the form is a place to indicate if this cutsheet is to be used for both sides of your pig or just one. Submit a second cutsheet if you want to treat the second side differently than the first.